Re: [users] Mail from OE to linux and more

On Tuesday 10 July 2001 12:56, will trillich wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 10:50:51PM -0700, Mark Wagnon wrote:
> > On 07/09/01 02:31:03 -0700, Paul Mackinney wrote:
> > > I'm yet another person who'd love to completely transition from Windows
> > > to Linux. And yes, I use Outlook and yes, getting mail really working
> > > on Linux is the biggest obstacle to my completing the transition.
> >
> > Yeah, mail is pretty important. I'm in the process of documenting my
> > mail setup experience to share with others.
>
> ding! did someone mention my name? oh, that's right, yuo're
> DOCUMENTING something. excellent!
>
> 	http://newbieDoc.sourceForge.net/
> 	needs more folks like you.
>
> and now we return you to your regularly scheduled email...
>
> :)

I recently spent some time with interfacing kmail and fetchmail.  Normally,
kmail can handle both ingoing and outgoing mailings (just like Outlook or
Eudora), which I feel is the easiest for newbies (or lazy ppl like myself)
but the current version doesn't have SSL support, so I had to configure
fetchmail with it.  There's certainly a zillion ways to do email on Linux,
but if you want a little wrtie-up on this minor one, drop me an email...

--Brendan