Re: PPP dialup utility

On Monday 09 July 2001 07:09, John Hasler wrote:
> Victor writes:
> > I thought that the PPP dialup utility resorted to the same definitions of
> > PPPconfig, but it doesn't seem to be that way...
>
> If you by "PPP dialup utility" one of the Gnome applets, probably not.  I
> haven't looked at that particular one, but the "dialup utilities" I
> have looked at use their own unique configuration files.
>
> The approach pppconfig uses is the one recommended by the upstream
> mainitainers, but as far as I know no one else uses it.

I haven't used the gnome dialer, but both wvdial and kppp (kde's very nice
ppp app) half-use the standard stuff in /etc/ppp.  However, they set up
things slightly differently (use their own custom-named files), but if things
break you can go in and edit the config files like normal, and reference the
standard man pages.

--Brendan