Re: kernel 2.4.x: The Mother of all the questions

	Subject: Re: kernel 2.4.x: The Mother of all the questions
	Date: Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 11:15:29AM -0500

Quoting olgnuby(olgnuby@vvm.com):

> Well, any way, it worked, and yes, like you, I maintain both kernels on
> the install. Just in case. Don't like to burn my bridges behind me at
> this age where I might need an escape route. Also ref: Victor. At 51, 60
> didn't seem to be all that far away. At 60, looking back, it appears
> I've passed the point of no return and regardless how much I'd like,
> it's futility to try to turn around now. ;-)
>
> Stability issues? At this point, I've got only about three days on it,
> but so far, the ac18 nor the other good stuff hasn't detracted from Lil
> Deb's stability, other than a loss of time, which I've proved in my own
> mind beyond a reasonable doubt isn't hardware related, and I've never
> before had on this machine until I went past a 2.4 kernel. But I get the
> time loss with about four flavors of Linux, so I don't know. Haven't
> found anyone who will admit to the same problem though.;-)
>
> What am I trying to say? "love it" I guess. ;-)
>
> Charlie
>
> World's oldest *Living* linux user. ;-)
> Registered Linux User # 196055

I have no idea what my Registered Linux number is.  Have been running
linux since 94/95 and also love it.

I have been running the 2.4.x kernels since 2.4.2, currently have
2.4.6 under test.  No problems at all on any of the 2.4.x series.
I have 2 other boxes running 2.4.5 but will upgrade then both in a
few days.

Don't know the oldest Linux user but I will be 63 in November.  Also
don't know if I would classify myself as living. :-)  I feel very bad
that I had to check out my new Plextor CD/RW drive today, on WinBloze.
I swore I would never use that junk again.  Please forgive me for my
lapse in sanity.

Wayne
--
Bad or missing mouse driver. Spank the cat [Y/N]?