Re: LaserJet Plus and Samba

Jorge Santos <jsf@dep3.fciencias.unam.mx> writes
I'm trying to print from my Woody to an HP on a Win9x machine, I
currently can print text (using LPRng and the smbprint script as input
filter) but I'm clueless as to the way to print postcript files.  Has
anyone done something like this or has an idea on how it might be
done.

Have you looked at CUPS ? It makes printing trivially easy. Also, setting it up to share the printer over Samba is a piece of cake. You should be able to install it with apt-get. Check out the website at:

  http://www.cups.org

Neil
Neil Durant
<neil@sphere3.demon.co.uk>                        Fax: 08700 520159