Re: LaserJet Plus and Samba

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 09:18:06AM -0500, Jorge Santos wrote:
| Hello,
|
| I'm trying to print from my Woody to an HP on a Win9x machine, I
| currently can print text (using LPRng and the smbprint script as input
| filter) but I'm clueless as to the way to print postcript files.  Has
| anyone done something like this or has an idea on how it might be
| done.

Either the printer has a PS interpreter in it (my LJIIIp has one as an
add-on card) or you need to convert the PS into its flavor of PCL.
ghostscript can convert PS to PCL (RH did it) but I don't know how to
set it up.  I am using CUPS with my printer, and according to the LCD
it is getting PCL data through lp0 even though I sent PS to lpr.

-D