Re: Security manager (mozilla M18), trying to run as normal user

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 11:17:36AM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> And is there any way to get Mozilla to stop offering me an unwanted
> "Netscape Search" pane when I type a URL into the address bar?  Even with
> "smart" URLs turned off, it still slows typing down so much it's very
> irritating.

Yes.  Use Galeon.  As I am sure that most people know, Galeon is a front
end to Mozilla.  It seems to me that the Galeon user interface was
designed with the needs and wants of the users at the forefront, as
opposed to some other browser user interfaces that put the desires of the
content creators (in particular, the ones that want to sell you something)
at the top.

My favorite galeon feature is the one that allows you to select when
anamations are displayed.  I select "never".

I have been using the debanized galeon and underlying mozilla from sid as my
browser at home for a couple of weeks now.  If this build isnt in woody by
now, I expect it will be soon.  Stability-wise, I put it on par with
Netscape 4, and well above any previous Mozilla release that I tried.

Mike