Cannot connect to certain web sites

Hello,
Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to connect to certain web pages while i'm in linux?  I can connect to almost any webpage but the following (at this is all i've found so far)

http://java.sun.com
http://www.chapters.ca
http://www.greyhound.ca

I've tried netscape, galeon, mozilla, opera and nothing works... reboot into windows and I can view them fine..., my housemates also running linux (redhat) and don't have a problem viewing any of these pages.. I've uninstalled reinstalled all of the above browsers, tried as different users, moved my .netscape .mozilla etc directories out of the way...  it's driving my nuts... I remember that I used to be able to view them... a couple of months ago ... Can anyone help me out?
Kyle