Re: tty5 Displays Gibberish

* Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net> [20010704 23:29]:
-snip funky gibberish on tty5-

Cam'ere, so I can kick yer @$$. ;-)

> Hmm, does "reset" work (the command, not the hardware button)?  Usually
> works for me when I accidentally cat a compressed file or some such. You
> may not see the characters echoed correctly when you type it, but it
> usually will do the job.

Sh_t, man! I like to find the hardest door jam I can typically get a
hold of and bang my head on it for a long while before I ask someone on
the other side to let me in. But, in this case I should've hollered much
earlier. ;+) 'reset' did the trick! Woop-di-do.

Happy Fourth of July, Eric, and to the good Debian folks out there. Pax.

   John

--
John Bacalle                         f./vm. +1 212 894 3778 x1057
This is really embarrassing, I think I know everyone in the crowd.