Problems with RPM and Qt2.2.3

----- Forwarded message from Debian User <andreas@www.zion.it> -----

Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 11:09:08 +0200
To: Debian@www.zion.it, User@www.zion.it,
	List@www.zion.it
Subject: RPM in Debian?!? AND: Qt2 troubles
From: Debian User <andreas@www.zion.it>

Hi!

I have faced a problem.

I wanted to install QtCUPS. So I downloaded the .rpm since there is no .deb.

I tried to install the RPM package. To do this, I first installed rpm and alien, but rpm ends with the following error message:
"failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory

 error: cannot open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm"

Waht can I do? Is it enough to simply create the /var/lib/rpm directorie and an empty packages.rpm file, or is it more difficult?

Then I tried to install QtCUPS from the tarball. But ./configurE terminates with
"checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.1) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!"

That is _NOT_ funny!!!!

(Qt2.2.3 is in /usr/lib/qt2 with a softlink to /usr/bin/qt. There are the subdirectories ./lib and (empty) ./bin)

I hope that someone can help me with my problems.

Greetingz

Andreas Maresch

----- End forwarded message -----