Re: Problems with RPM and Qt2.2.3

> I tried to install the RPM package. To do this, I first installed rpm and alien, but rpm ends with the following error message:
> "failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory
>
>  error: cannot open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm"
>
> Waht can I do? Is it enough to simply create the /var/lib/rpm directorie and an empty packages.rpm file, or is it more difficult?

thats what i did, too. works except of the problem that rpm will report
dependency failures.
just check for the them by running rpm -i <yourrpm> to see which
requirements it has, check for them manually and if nothing is missing
install your rpm with rpm -i --nodeps <yourrpm> to kick the dependency
checks.

> Then I tried to install QtCUPS from the tarball. But ./configurE terminates with
> "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.1) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!"
>
> That is _NOT_ funny!!!!
>
> (Qt2.2.3 is in /usr/lib/qt2 with a softlink to /usr/bin/qt. There are the subdirectories ./lib and (empty) ./bin)

you possibly should install libqt2.2-dev.

regards,
	nosy