Re: Stop apt-get upgrade from messing with fetchmailrc?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:18:15 -0700
Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> wrote:

> I think you should file a wishlist bug report to the fetchmail
> maintainer regarding your posting.
>
> fetchmail did not install /etc/init.d/fetchmail in potato and
> documentation on howto do it had some issues.  I filed a bug report
> pointing out this and maintainer responded by including this init.d
> script.  He was very prompt.
>
> Yes, all these init.d scrips are conffile and it should be user's
> responsibility to keep it tidy.  But what you described is a hassle
> which
> maintainer may be able to address.  Current script is good for people
> with always-on connection.  It is quite understandable some people start
> these in PCMCIA or PPP scripts.
>
> Oh, if you can propose patch to current package, I am sure the
> maintainer will appreciate.

I think the maintainer has already done so. I'm doing daily upgrades on
sid (Yeah, I like to live dangerously), and the last two fetchmail
upgrades left my config alone. I *was* thinking of filing a bug (it was
only a minor irritant after all), but it seems this is not necessary
anymore.
So thanks all for the help here,

Mart