Re: cd-rom "medium not found", no modules load

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 01:32:47AM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:

> to the sound card, and cdda2wav and cdparanoia are able to rip CDDA
> from the drive. I just can not mount any disc I place in the drive, I
> get the following error message:
>
> ide-scsi: The scsi wants to send us more data than expected - discarding data
> (that line repeats for a total of 83 error lines)
> Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/scd0,
>        or too many mounted file systems

I had the same problem with ide-scsi after installing a CDRW.  In my
case it worked when I recompiled a kernel without auto dma. I think in
the kernel config file it's called "CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO".  If you have
this set in your kernel maybe it will work for you if you make a kernel
with it unset.