Re: An *idea* that *might* put Debian on top (?)

From: "Mark Garland" <magarland@netzero.net>

So--my experience is that the installation of a basic working Debian system
is not too hard.  Configuring peripherals is hard!

Exactly why users would benefit from a pool of reference which contains, in all liklihood, many users who are running Debian with the same (printer/soundcard/video card) as you!

BTW, is comparing OS's on their ease of installation useful outside the
Linux world?  I don't think many users of Windows have ever installed the
OS.

This is true, most Windows users haven't bothered to (re)install their OS. But this proposal is about more than installation. It's also about maintainence, and installing new hardware. It's about letting novices benefit from the experience of experts, with computers doing all the work!

Jack Pryne