Re: Gnome - How to install?

Hi.
First let me make an apology to Nick for clicking my send button to soon.
Well, I don't have an  .xinitrc file. So I looked at the man page for "startx".
Apparently I'm using the file (xinitrc) in /etc/X11/init. I could see no
referrence to wmaker in this file. So I tried this "startx gnome-session".
Sure enough it started gnome. It doesn't look good, but it started.
I got out of this session ok, but I now have xdm running. Could someone
tell me how to stop xdm from starting?
Wayne
P.S. I'm going to try building my own .xinirc file.