Re: apt-get without (direct) internet connection?

Chris Kenrick wrote:

> I have two boxes here, a Debian woody box, not
> internet connected and a Windows NT box, internet
> connected.  It's not an option to connect the Debian
> box to the net, but it is an option to connect it to
> the NT box via a null modem cable...
>
> So what I am asking is, how can I get apt to not
> download anything, including for apt-get update and
> just print out the download locations?  I tried using
> the --print-uris and -s options, but it still wanted
> to download the package list files.  Up til now I've
> just been manually downloading packages via the Debian
> web page links, but there has to be a better way.

You had in some way to provide to apt the current package list (you are tracking
woody aka testing so the package list file probably change daily). You could
download the list by hand with the nt, copy it in the proper location (in sid is
/var/lib/apt/lists) and then trying with the --print-uris as described in the
apt offline guide...

Andrea