Re: setting up Cyrus w/o users in the passwd file?

Alexander Koch wrote:

> I want to set up Exim and Cyrus to work w/o any users in the
> passwd file. I think this is possibly. Does anyone know if
> it is, i.e. dong some pam stuff or could I change the
> database cyrus authenticates against?
>
> All I want is IMAP and a clean passwd...

Mmh, i've played a little with cyrus, and with stable, it seems there isn't a
way to use alternate authentication instead of PAM (correct me if i'm wrong),
but looking in unstable, i've seen there is (under non-us) some sasl package to
using with cyrus. I'm in your situation, wanting to use IMAP with potato without
adding user in the passwd file. Probably getting the source from unstable and
creating the package...

Andrea