Re: memory

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 05:40:54PM +0200, Adri wrote:
| Hello all,
|
| I have some scattered questions

[a and b already answered]

| Also I saw I have exim installed and I have a smtp service running. How can
| I send a simple email? I don't want a complete email setup for now, I'd
| just love to send a simgle email, my first mail from linux !!
| I should use the smtp relay of the company, should I edit the
| /etc/exim.conf file?

That is the config file for exim.  Setting up a "real" MTA is rather
complicated (I have never completely done it).  There is another
program you may want to consider : 'ssmtp'.  It is a very simple
program that has an MTA-like interface, but it only forwards mail to a
predetermined SMTP server.  I use it on Win2k (cygwin) to send mail
from mutt through the company's SMTP server.

HTH,
-D