Re: UDMA66 doesn't work

Yeh you need a special IDE cable, though if your motherboard supports
UDMA mode 4 or 5 it *should* already come with one (or more). it's got
finer cables than a normal 40w IDE cables, and usually colour coded
black, gray, blue for IDE master, slave, motherboard.

On 17 Jun 2001 17:00:57 +0200, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> On Sunday 17 June 2001 15:58, Aquila wrote:
>
> > You might want to enable the kernel options
> >
> > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK
> > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI
> > CONFIG_IDEPCI_SHARE_IRQ
> > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI
> > CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO
> > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA
> >
> > Then have a look at your motherboard manual to figure out which specific
> > IDE controller chipset you have, and enable special support for that.
> > There is support for most chipsets, and it usually auto detects UDMA
> > support if you have the right chipset support compiled. Make sure you
> > are using an 80w IDE cable as well, you need that for UDMA(66).
> >
> > You might need the append="idebus=66 ide0=ata66" line in you lilo.conf
> > (assuming you use lilo and your hdd is on ide0) if it doesn't auto
> > detect.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Aq.
> >
> Another note:
> When i start my BIOS says: Primary IDE: No 80 consuctor cable installed.
> I guess thats it, isn't it... do i have to buy a seperate one?
>

> cheers,
> Raffaele
> --
> Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
> For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"
> ID is: 0xEC4950E9
>

> --
 e-mail: aquila at hypox dot org
 website: http://aquila.hypox.org