Re: UDMA66 doesn't work

You might want to enable the kernel options

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI
CONFIG_IDEPCI_SHARE_IRQ
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA

Then have a look at your motherboard manual to figure out which specific
IDE controller chipset you have, and enable special support for that.
There is support for most chipsets, and it usually auto detects UDMA
support if you have the right chipset support compiled. Make sure you
are using an 80w IDE cable as well, you need that for UDMA(66).

You might need the append="idebus=66 ide0=ata66" line in you lilo.conf
(assuming you use lilo and your hdd is on ide0) if it doesn't auto
detect.

Hope that helps.

Aq.

On 17 Jun 2001 12:35:48 +0200, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a UDMA66 HDD and Board.
>
> I have enabled the options for using UDMA in the Kernel conf.
> Now the Kernel shows me that:
>
> hda: 87930864 sectors (45021 MB) w/2048KiB Cache, CHS=5473/255/63, UDMA(33)
> 								   ^^^^^^^^
> Why UDMA(33) what can i do to enable UDMA(66)?
>
> cheers,
> Raffaele
> --
> Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
> For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"
> ID is: 0xEC4950E9
>

> --
 e-mail: aquila at hypox dot org
 website: http://aquila.hypox.org