Re: I need automount floppy and cdrom

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 02:58 pm, Rogelio E. Castillo Haro wrote:
> Hi!
> How can I automount floppy and cdrom on Debian...so I can confgiure an Icon
> on kde, wmaker or gnome to access to those devices.

I don't know about automount, but you can add icons for KDE and Gnome pretty
easily. For KDE, go to where you want the icon (including the desktop), right
click, and select the "create new" menu. In it are floppy and cdrom drive
icons that you can set to point to your directories where the drives mount. I
don't really remember how to do it in Gnome (if you can do it with the right
click) but I'm pretty sure you can just make an alias to the directory where
it mounts much the same way.

- David Nusinow
   krmt1984@ucla.edu