some problems.

using Grub, my linux entry looks like this:

title Debian kernel 2.4.5-k6
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.5-k6 root = /dev/hda2 ro idebus=66 hdd=ide-scsi
initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.5-k6

however, when it boots, it does not set idebus to 66, it defaults to 33, and
tells me to "add idebus=xx", which i did. It also does not insert the module
ide-scsi, and does not start ide-scsi emulation.

how do i set my AGP speed to 2x instead of 1x?

Secondly, I am having some troubles with fonts. Using kfontinst, and some
manual tweaking, i was able to get some more TTF fonts working. but they only
work in Root! while in a normal user, i only have access to 3 fonts, only 2
of which work.

Thirdly, My printer only half works. (Lexmark 3200) I can print out small
things. I tried to print out a full page of text from Kword, and the printer
got about 1 pass of the first line done! the only thing i can associate the
phenomenon with is in sound hardware, when it "falls out"; when the device
seems to run out of data to print, and therefore looses "beat". When this
happens, the 2 lights on the printer alternately blink. I then pressed the
paper feed button, which fed the paper out, and the printer tries to load a
new one in again.

on some occasions, after the printer has taken in a new sheet of paper, it
makes a horrible grinding noise, like it is trying to move the head way
beyond its normal limit.