CD Paranoia problem

Hi,

I have a ide-scsi CDROM on a GNU/Linux system.  But I have a little problem and
I was hoping that maybe you could help me with it.

See, I cannot rip a CD if I'm not root.  I could when my cdrom wasn't ide-scsi.
Now, I get the following error message:

[Shell]

$ cdparanoia 1cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <monty@xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia@xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

/dev/cdrom exists but isn't accessible.  By default,
cdparanoia stops searching for an accessible drive here.
Consider using -sv to force a more complete autosense
of the machine.

More information about /dev/cdrom:
Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/scd0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
                No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device /dev/scd0

[/Shell]

So I thought about check the permissions related to /dev/cdrom and /dev/scd0 and
what group my user was in:

[Shell]

$ groups
vince cdrom sudo audio dip log www
$ ls -l /dev/cdrom /dev/scd0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     cdrom           4 Jun  6 13:20 /dev/cdrom -> scd0
brw-rw----    1 root     cdrom     11,   0 Jun  1 15:34 /dev/scd0

[/Shell]

I have no idea on what I could do.  Please help me

	Regards, Vince