Re: update-catalog?

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 09:00:24AM -0500, shock uttered:

> i've been experiencing the following everytime i apt-get upgrade for the
> past couple of months:
>
> Setting up debiandoc-sgml (1.1.45) ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/debiandoc-sgml.postinst: update-catalog: command not
> found
> dpkg: error processing debiandoc-sgml (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
>  debiandoc-sgml
>
> anybody have a clue as to what i need to do to make this go away?  it's
> not preventing any other packages from installing, but it's getting really
> old and i don't like leaving broken things laying around.
broken:~# dpkg -S `which update-catalog`
sgml-base: /usr/sbin/update-catalog

So, 'apt-get install sgml-base'
And file an important bug against debiandoc-sgml, it should depend on
sgml-base, if it uses a command from it in it's postinst.
(apt-get install reportbug, if you want a easy way to report bugs)

--
                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."