Re: exim/filter: zapping duplicate messages?

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 12:13:04AM -0300, John R Lenton wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:33:43PM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> > how does exim/filter go about purging cloned messages (both to
> > me indivindually and to a mailing list, both of which arrive in
> > my inbox)? or do we still fall back to "formail -D"?
>
> I filter the mails from lists into list-specific mailboxes, and
> leave emails to me in the inbox. That way the ones to me get my
> immediate attention, but I don't loose the thread.

when checking something like
	# Exim filter
	if $h_to: contains "my.personal@email.addr" then
		save Mail/personal
	endif
apparently it treats the "To:" field as one big string:

	To: someone@here.tld, someoneElse@there.org, me@home.tld

so if a list-reply wound up looking like

	To: debian-user@lists.debian.org, will@serensoft.com

i'd have to find some other way to figure out if it arrived at
my doorstep via debian-user broadcast, or by personal missive.

how?

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #1 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: