Re: Next up....Sound..was Re: Next up...printing

> Thanks all for the help. CUPS got me fixed right up. Now I'll be trying
> to configure sound.
> I have a soundblaster AWE32 sound card. I configured the sound into my
> kernel during installation. dmesg output:
> Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
> SB 4.13 detected OK (220)
> sb: Interrupt test on IRQ7 failed - Probable IRQ conflict
>
> I know my sound card used to be IRQ5 in w98. How do I change it in
> Linux. I am running debian 2.2.18pre21 . any help would be appreciated.
> I have already read more how-to's  and man pages without much success.
>
> Thanks,
> lorens

The config file you are looking for is probably either in a file within
/etc/modutils or /etc/isapnp.conf.  I can't remember offhand whether the
installer uses isapnp or not.

Incidentally, that output you posted looks like a "normal" Soundblaster
driver.
Theres actually a separate driver for AWE based cards.  More details are in
the
SoundBlaster-AWE how to (or something like that), if you haven't come across
that
yet.  Having said that, my own AWE64 card seems to not work when I use
the AWE driver, but fine under the "normal" one.  It should only make a
difference if
you are using some of the more advanced features of your soundcard (like
wavetable
playback).

- Chris