Re: filtering email via EXIM -- question

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 05:41:58AM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> 1) is the exim filtering mechanism uncharacteristically
> lethargic? seems like processing takes heap long time forever.
> maybe i missed an option or feature...?

perhaps your exim is launched from inetd, and your load
deliver_load_max is too low, so everything is going to queue and
not actually getting delivered.

Take a look at the spec (that's /usr/share/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz,
or something similar in html if you've installed exim-doc), look
for 'load'.

> 3) anybody got some high-power, dual-exhaust, chrome-plated,
> twin overhead cam examples of exim filters to get us
> .forwarding newbies off the ground? i've seen the simple ones
> they've got in /usr/share/doc/exim/filter.html ...

my experience is that that attitude is due to procmail. With the
exim filters your power consumption is lower, so you rarely need
dual exahust, and chrome only if you like it.

--
John Lenton (john@grulic.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
If you do something right once, someone will ask you to do it again.