486 router is very slow

Hi all

I set up a router with my old 486 computer. I have there potato witch kernel
2.4 installed.

Normally i have have rates of 7.8 kb/s (ISDN) throughput. But if i try it
over my new router the rate is not more than 2 kb/s. Is it possible that the
Masquerading process takes too much recources on that machine? It's a 33 Mhz
Intel DX Processor.

Any hints to speed that up?

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"