Audio CDs

Hi

Not too long ago I installed Debian2.2r2 on my computer. Since then I have
slowly been getting things the way I want them. One thing I have yet to
do, and would appreciate any help on, is playing (mounting) Audio CDs.

I don't know if this will make a difference, but I have run 'apt-get
upgrade' since release 3.

I've read about cdfs for mounting audio CDs, but that requires kernel
2.4.x. Will I need to upgrade my kernel, and if so, how?

Also, I noticed when browsing through the available packages that there
are several CD players. I'm assuming this means I can play CDs somehow,
without too much trouble (relatively speaking), since it would be
pointless to include these packages if you can't.

Thanks,
Rob Mosher