Re: Audio CDs

Robert Mosher wrote:

> Not too long ago I installed Debian2.2r2 on my computer. Since then
> I have slowly been getting things the way I want them. One thing I
> have yet to do, and would appreciate any help on, is playing
> (mounting) Audio CDs.

You don't have to mount an Audio CD if you just want to play the
music. You only need to mount an Audio CD if you want to access the
tracks as files.

[...]

> Also, I noticed when browsing through the available packages that there
> are several CD players. I'm assuming this means I can play CDs somehow,
> without too much trouble (relatively speaking), since it would be
> pointless to include these packages if you can't.

It's quite easy.
1. install CD player (apt-get install $FAVOURITE_CD_PLAYER)
2. insert CD
3. run CD player
4. listen to the music ;-)

Thomas Weinbrenner