Re: oh crikey, it's ALSA all over again

hi,

just recently installed alsa drivers too...so, i'm just wondering: you
said you untarred alsa into the modules subdirectory? normally the alsa
installation script should do that for you. also, you shouldn't have to
copy files around...with debian anyway. i remember, coming from suse
myself, i used to do that alot too...with debian however, you should be
okay without doing that. basically you should just put all the files
(kernel source, alsa drivers) to wherever you want them to be (myself, i
put them into /usr/src/kernel-source-x.x.x and /usr/src/alsa) then change
over to the alsa directory and run ./configure --with-cards=<the module
for your card> additionally you may have to add another --with for the
directory of the kernel source...

alsa will copy the modules to the appropriate subdirs...afterwards run
./snddevices, that should do the job!

hth,

vester