Re: Re. Total confusion

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 09:35:35PM -0700, Sidney Brooks uttered:
> I ran depmod -a as root and got:
> Can't open  /lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0/modules.dep for writing.
>
> Again the number seems to indicate my kernel version is 2.2.14, which it
> shouldn't be. However, I do not know enough about kernels to be sure.

Errrr, that's a RedHat kernel version. The words "What have you done" spring
to mind. I'd double check your lilo config and make sure you're running a
_Debian_ kernel.
(The depmod error means you don't have any modules for that kernel version
installed, if you were wondering)

--
                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."