Re: Two keyboards in X

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:05:20PM -0300, Christoph Simon wrote:
:
:On Thu, 31 May 2001 20:49:29 -0400
:"Jonathan D. Proulx" <jon@ai.mit.edu> wrote:
:
:>
:> Hi,
:>
:> "know" is too stong a word but, you'll need XFree4.0

:Thanks for the reply, but multihead is actually more complicated than
:I need. I plan to run two servers, and just have to find out how to
:tell X which keyboard to use. I did RTFM (XF86Config(5x), wrong one?),
:but couldn't find anything, while expecting some option to specify
:something like the mouse device.

Are you using XFree 4.0.x?  this is required, 3.3.x doesn't have this:

---from XF86Config(5x) for Xree86 4.0.3---

INPUTDEVICE SECTION
       The  config  file  may have multiple InputDevice sections.
       There will normally be at least  two:  one  for  the  core
       (primary) keyboard, and one of the core pointer.

       InputDevice sections have the following format:

           Section "InputDevice"
               Identifier "name"
               Driver     "inputdriver"
               options
           EndSection

       The  Identifier  entry  specifies the unique name for this
       input device.  The Driver entry specifies the name of  the
       able server, the input driver module "inputdriver" will be
       vice section is considered active if it is  referenced  by
       an  active ServerLayout section, or if it is referenced by
       the -keyboard or -pointer command line options.  The  most
       commonly used input drivers are "keyboard" and "mouse".
       loaded  for  each active InputDevice section....

---

I haven't really read the section I just searched for "InputDevice",
whick is the section that caught my eye about this.

-Jon