Re: kernel 2.4.4 and ES1371 soundcard

Hmmm...

Yeah, I couldn't insmod ns558 either.  It would always give me a bunch
of errors (somethign along the line of 'no device or resource').  So
that's why I tried to compile it into the kernel (which did not work).
I remember that back in the day (w/ the 2.0.x and 2.2.x kernels), after
you selected 'ES1371', a new option would come up (i think it was
'Enable Joystick at boot time'). This isn't here anymore, which i
assumed to be the problem...

Cameron Matheson