kernel 2.4.4 and ES1371 soundcard

Hello.

Well; I gave in and compiled a 2.4.4 kernel on testing the other day.
I set up a bunch of things as loadable modules, including soundcore,
es1371, gameport, input, joydev and analog.  To my surprise, a module
called:
	ac97_codec
was also built, and is depended upon by es1371.  This wasn't a module
that showed up in 2.2.1x kernels I've built and used in the past.

Interestingly, the analog joystick port is not (apparently) visible to
the system, and my attempts to configure the module have failed.  Has
anyone had any luck with this configuration?

TIA,
--
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")