Re: Emacs browse-url.el and galeon or skipstone browsers?

Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

>  galeon:
>
>    (setq browse-url-netscape-program "galeon")
>
>   clicking on a URL brings up a new browser each time, not
>   recycling the initial browser.

This was talked about a bit in galeon-user.

Based on my own findings, it seems that galeon is sensitive to the
DISPLAY, and if they don't match, then it starts a new browser. I set
browse-url-netscape-program to be "run-galeon", which is a script that
looks like

   #! /bin/sh
   DISPLAY=:0.0 exec galeon -n $1

I hard-coded the display because I know that galeon will always have
been started with that value.

This works for me under xemacs.

--
Dave Carrigan (dave@rudedog.org)            | Yow! An INK-LING?  Sure -- TAKE
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | one!!  Did you BUY any COMMUNIST