Re: Kde Sid directory problem

And yo was Bruce Sass heard to yodel:
> >    Just to clarify only ebrowsing.desktop, crypto.desktop and nsplugin.desktop
> >  are loaded.
> >    The rest fail with 'The diagnostics is:' where there is unfortunately no
> >  diagnostic information.
>
> Hmmm, I'd start looking closely at the system: version of all KDE
> related packages, "dpkg -C", cruft, deborphan, etc.  It appears there
> is something strange about _your_ setup (mismatched versions, old libs
> shadowing newer versions, ...), and the list may not be of much help.
>
> Good Luck.

   Hmmm....
   'dpkg -C' reports no problem packages. Not only that a check of required
 dependencies shows that they are all installed.
   Also konqueror had been working properly for quite a while. It's only been
 since the past few dist-upgrades against my Sid box that it's stopped working.

   Thanks,
   Matt.

--
 I'm not advocating that anyone take up emacs. Not even me: at my age, I'd be more likely to try bungee-jumping. It's easier, and has less risk of causing permanent brain damage.
**  A posting on ZDNet forum