ghostscript support for Epson 1290

Hello,

I am using ghostscript to drive an Epson Stylus Photo 1290.
Of all drivers I have tried, -sDEVICE=stcolor yields the best results,
but the output looks more like 360 dpi than the 720 dpi the printer
claims to support. When I try the option -r720 or -r720x720 the printer
runns amok (text output instead of graphics).

Does anybody know about a ghostscript driver that supports 720dpi for
this printer or maybe another mailing list where these things are discussed?

Please respond to my private address, as I have not subscribed to debian-user.

Thanks in advance, Robert