Re: apt-utils

Dave Sherohman wrote:
> The two cases that spring to mind of apt-utils consistently reasking
> questions are ssh and apt-utils itself.  (Although apt-utils is at least
> decent enough to remember, when making the second pass through, that I'd
> told it to use the text interface the first time around.)

I don't know what you're talking about: apt-utils does not use debconf.

apt-get install debconf-utils; echo get debconf/showold | debconf-communicate

If that outputs "true", then you have configured debconf to redisplay
already seen questions.

If not, I would dearly like the see a log of a package, any package,
displaying the same question both in preconfiguration and at install
time, with DEBCONF_DEBUG='.*' set and exported in the environment.

--
see shy jo