2 ipchains questions

Apologies if I've already asked this - I can't remember anymore!

I now have a DSL connection, and as such would like to use ipchains to do
the following:

1.) Deny all incoming packets coming in on eth1 (the card connected to the
DSL gateway) except those destined for port 22 (ssh) or ICMP packets, or
of course packets responding to outgoing packets; and

2.) Make masqueraded connections from other machines on my private network
never time out.

I've been working on it, but keep running into brick walls.

Thank for any advice-
Andy

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
    Asst Professor of Sociology, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA