Re: Help with CDROM (ide-scsi)

Alson van der Meulen wrote:

> did you compile scsi cdrom support? scd0 is the first scsi cd drive,
> scd1 second....
>
> look at your dmesg output, it will show lines like:
> Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
> Detected scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
> sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 40x/40x xa/form2 cdda tray
> sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 32x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I did compile scsi cdrom support, and I get the equivalent to what
you have above:

sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 20x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.11
sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

I also get:

ide-scsi: hdc: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error dev 16:00 (hdc) sector 0
ide-scsi: hdc: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error dev 16:40 (hdd) sector 0

The above lines are repeated.

Any attempt to access the sr1 drive produces the following:

sr1: CD-ROM error: Info fld=0x10, Current sr0b:01: sense key Illegal
Request
Additional sense indicates Illegal mode for this track
command was: Request Sense 00 00 00 10 00

sr0 works fine as a burner, i.e.  I burned a disk and then verified it.
Actually, I burned it on one drive, and verified it on the other.

The problem is I can neither mount sr1 nor run an audio cdrom on it.

I don't know if this is relevant, but the system keeps looking for more
scsi drives on channel 2 (which, if it exists, would be a big suprise).

Thanks again

Cam