Re: Help with CDROM (ide-scsi)

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 11:01:36AM -0700, Cam Ellison wrote:
> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here.
>
> I just installed an HP 9150i burner, and following the HOWTO plus some
> information I picked up off this list (thanks to Osamu Aoki & Casey
> Webster, plus several others), got it to work just fine.
>
> I have the burner as /hdc and another cdrom as /hdd.  Both now show as
> scsi devices (cdrecord -scanbus), but I cannot get anything to play on
> the /hdd drive.
>
> I'm using xcdroast, and set it up originally to write to /hdc and read
> from /hdd.   It does both admirably.  I have since set it to read and
> write from /hdc only.
>
> When I start Gnome CDplayer, it starts scanning and then goes nowhere.
> Attempts to play make it shut down.  I cannot mount either /dev/hdd or
> /dev/scd1 (which I assume should be the scsi equivalent, since the scsi
> device number is 0,1,0).
did you compile scsi cdrom support? scd0 is the first scsi cd drive,
scd1 second....

look at your dmesg output, it will show lines like:
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 40x/40x xa/form2 cdda tray
sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 32x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

hope this helps...
Alson
--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
Ooops. Save your work, everyone. FAST!