Re: Anacron message re:/etc/cron.daily/slocate

> On Fri, 25 May 2001 15:12:14 EDT, hall answered my question:
>
> *snip*
> > >
> > > Is it safe to remove /var/lib/slocate/slocate.db ?
> > > and create a new one?
> *snip
>
> with:
> >
> > I've deleted the existing file on more than one occasion
> > and it's been recreated the next time slocate runs with
> > no problems.
> >
> > Doing so is probably the easiest attempt at fixing it. If
> > you want to be safe, just rename the existing one so
> > that you can put it back if things get even worse... ;-)
> >

> Do you have any idea what may have caused this?

I have no clue what may have caused it and since simply
deleting it "fixed" it for me, I wasn't that concerned nor
interested in why it happened...

I snipped that part of your original message in my reply for
the same reason ;-)

> Did you run slocate after deleting the file
> /var/lib/slocate/slocate.db or did you just wait for anacron
> to run updatedb for you?

Don't really remember. It's been sometime since it happened.
My guess is I re-ran it by hand right afterwards to see if it
worked or fixed the problem.

Regards
Hall