Re: Anacron message re:/etc/cron.daily/slocate

> Today I recieved one of those wonderful mails from Anacron
> with thre following content:
>
> /etc/cron.daily/slocate:
> updatedb: this is not a valid slocate database:
> /var/lib/slocate/slocate.db
>
> Is it safe to remove /var/lib/slocate/slocate.db ? and
create
> a new one?

I've deleted the existing file on more than one occasion and
it's been recreated the next time slocate runs with no
problems.

Doing so is probably the easiest attempt at fixing it. If you
want to be safe, just rename the existing one so that you can
put it back if things get even worse... ;-)

Hall