inputrc, bis

Hi,
I posted the message some days ago, but didn' get any answer... I hope
insisting won't seem too rude.

There some points I don't quite get in the inputrc file. If anybody
could enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate... (Or maybe, just send
an example of real working, "complex" inputrc file...)

Here are my "problems" (non of them is vital though):

I tried to get Suppr to work correctly in xterm. The problem is that now,
in a console, Del works as Suppr!
(The codes for consoel / X are different, namely
 C-v Suppr  --> ^?     in X
            --> ^[[3~  in console
 C-v Del    --> ^H     in X
            --> ^?     in console)
What should I do so that it works both in X and in the consoles? (Should
I prefix all my functions by conditionals?)

Next, I wanted to have C-Del, C-Suppr, C-left, C-right to act as the
normal keys, except on words (kill-word etc.) I couldn't get it to work!
Namely
"\C": backward-kill-word
doesn't work... How should I do it?

Finally, the fuction re-read-init-file appears to be reading only
/etc/inputrc, not $HOME/.inputrc
According to the manual, the default is ~/.inputrc, except if
INPUTRC is set to something else... (It isn't.)

None of this is really important, but I wish I understood. (I think I
read the relavant parts of the manual, I appologize if I missed the
answer to my problems in there...)

Thanks in advance

Pierre