Re: Need a file - /etc/network/interfaces

> > Could someone please email me a copy of the above file that is setup to
> > use eth0?

> just do 'man interfaces'.  And dont forget to add a lo as well.

speaking of which, can someone explain how Debian decides which dhcp
client to use to configure an interface, given that the interface is set
up to use dhcp in /etc/network/interfaces?  how does it decide to use
the pump program to contact the dhcp server?  and if i have the pump
program and the dhcpcd program installed, how does it arbitrate between
them?  the networking script in /etc/init.d appears to call ifup -a, but
ifup is a binary, not a script.