Re: monitor display is getting blurry...what could be the problem?

Rick Commo wrote:

> > is the video card that is sending faulty signals? or
> > is it the monitor. The monitor is a Mag MXP17F about 6 years old.
> > Any thoughts? Is there someway I can definitely confirm that the
> > monitor is faulty or the videocard. Can I focus the monitor?
>
> It's most likely the monitor.  That has components that "wear" electrically.
> That is to say, components subjected to heat and aging.

FWIW - If your monitor has an alternate set of BNC connections (RGB) it may pay
to switch to using a BNC cable.  I found with my Iiyama monitor that I got a much
better signal with BNC cables.

See if jiggling the cable end (both ends) changes the blurryness.  That could be
a clue that it's either the cable or the connector.  You could try a contact
cleaner spray (Radio Shack) on the connectors.  That also made a difference for
me.

Cheers,
Steve