Re: Makeing telnet avalible

Assuming you have the telnetd package installed, the telnet server can
be enabled/disabled using the 'update-inetd' command. For example:

update-inetd --enable telnet
update-inetd --disable telnet

What it's doing is editing /etc/inetd.conf, which you can also do
manually. See 'man update-inetd' for more information.

Enabling or disabling root logins is done with the file /etc/securetty,
which is part of the login package.

Tom