Re: NW Driver - Porting from RedHat to Debian, Kernel-2.2 to 2.4

NewBie Debian <debian_jal@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hi, I am porting a Network driver from Redhat 6.2 to Debian. And also
>from kernel2.2 to 2.4. Since the GCC is not changed till RH6.2 version,
>I need to change only the kernel 2.2 to 2.4 changes.
>
>I followed the following links to port kernel2.2 to kernel2.4. But the
>driver does not work. Can I discuss the the imlementation details of
>tbusy flags in this group?

The fact that you're porting from Red Hat to Debian isn't really
relevant (we all use roughly the same kernel); the port from 2.2 to 2.4
is much more so. The version of gcc is probably only an issue if you're
doing fairly weird stuff.

I think you'd be better off talking to linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, but
read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ first.

Cheers,