Debian-unstable?

Hello, dear fellow-GNU/Linux-users... :)

Being into Debian for quite some time (and pretty happy with it), even by
now I wanted to give a try to the more 'current' tree of the Debian system,
and so I am thinking about getting Debian-unstable onto my box... which
leaves me with a few questions, even before getting started:

(*) I am seeing that there are 'woody' - and 'sid' - trees on the Debian
ftp servers. So, what is the 'current' working 'unstable'-tree of Debian?
Actually, I am searching for a system that is ready for kernel 2.4.x and,
thanks to my graphics board, it also would be good to have XF 4.0.2 or
4.0.3 in it. Everything else is optional, I really enjoy building software
from source, but I'd like to have a working base system to be used for
this. :)

(*) Seeing the fact that I am still having a slow yet expensive ( :( )
internet connectivity, I guess it will not at all be possible to me to
download all the stuff directly to my machine so... hmmm.... if there's any
reader on that list who's located somewhere in Germany and who would be so
kind to provide me with a set of cd-r's of the Debian-current tree, please
contact me (also outside this list), would be *really* appreciated. :)

Thanks everyone... have a nice evening. :)
Cheers,
Kris