Re: Debian-unstable?

Kristian Rink <kristian.rink@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
>(*) I am seeing that there are 'woody' - and 'sid' - trees on the Debian
>ftp servers. So, what is the 'current' working 'unstable'-tree of Debian?

sid - but just use the 'unstable' symlink, which points to the right
place.

>Actually, I am searching for a system that is ready for kernel 2.4.x and,
>thanks to my graphics board, it also would be good to have XF 4.0.2 or
>4.0.3 in it.

You could also try the unofficial kernel 2.4 and XFree86 4 packages for
potato. In /etc/apt/sources.list:

  deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
  deb-src http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main

  deb http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/ xf403_potato/i386/